Namibia's Canyons & Deserts SafariINQUIRE
|Destination||Accomodation||Number of Nights||Meal Plan||Planned Activities|
|Kalahari Desert||Intu Afrika Zebra Lodge||1||Dinner|
|Fish River Canyon||Canyon Lodge||1||Breakfast; Dinner|
|Aus||Klein Aus Vista Eagle’s Nest||2||Breakfast; Dinner||Canyon Drive|
|Namib Desert||Sossusvlei Lodge||2||Breakfast; Dinner||Excursion to Sossusvlei, Visit the surreal Dead Vlei on foot, Sesriem Canyon excursion.|
|Swakompund||Hotel Zum Kaiser||2||Breakfast; Dinner||Dolphin & Seal cruise|
Saturday : Kalahari Desert
Leaving Windhoek, we travel into the largest sand mass on Earth, the Kalahari Desert. The Bushmen refer to it as the "Soul of the World", an emotive description for this area! With its deep red sand dunes and endless grass plains interspersed with acacia's and shrubs, it is the only form of survival for a vast amount of specially adapted wildlife. Enjoy the opportunity to experience the fauna and flora that has survived this desert environment.
Sunday : Fish River Canyon
We travel south through expansive rocky plains, visiting the unique quiver tree forest. Nestled amongst huge dolerite boulders, stacked in a mysterious way, the area is also aptly referred to as "Giant's Playground". We continue to our lodge, situated in close vicinity to the Fish River Canyon, and can optionally explore the area on foot or on a guided nature drive in the later afternoon.
Monday, Tuesday : Aus
Our morning starts on the edge of the Fish River Canyon, where we gaze 550 meters into this magnificent geological phenomenon, the second largest of its kind on Earth. Afterwards we travel to the Succulent Karoo, the most specie diverse desert on Earth. On the second day we travel to Luderitz and visit Kolmanskop ghost town. Other attractions visited consist of the wild horses of the Namib Desert, Diaz Point and the coastal town of Luderitz itself.
Wednesday : Namib Desert
After breakfast we travel north through the pre-Namib to our lodge in the Namib Desert. This is the gateway to Sesriem Canyon and Sossusvlei, where some of the highest sand dunes on Earth stand towering over the white desert plains. The afternoon can be spent relaxing at the pool, or taking part in optional activities offered at our lodge.
Thursday : Namib Desert
This morning demands an early start. The first rays of sunrise paint the mountains of sand into a variety of apricot, red and orange, contrasted against a crisp blue skyline, enrapturing our senses, and providing an opportunity to capture this awesome landscape on film. Sossusvlei, where the mostly dry Tsauchab River ends abruptly amongst majestic dunes, sees us walking up one of these dunes to admire the desert landscape. Thereafter we visit the Sesriem Canyon, a life sustaining natural phenomenon in the heart of the Namib Desert.
Friday : Swakopmund
After breakfast we travel via the desolate, rolling hills of the Kuiseb Moon Valley towards the Atlantic Ocean. In Walvis Bay we visit the shallow lagoon, one of the most important wetland areas on the African continent and a RAMSAR World Heritage Site. Over 80% of the African flamingoes feed in this lagoon and present a breathtaking picture when they appear in groups counting a few hundred thousand. Having arrived in Swakopmund, the rest of the day is spent at leisure.
Saturday : Swakopmund
Swakopmund is the perfect location for walking tours, shopping, relaxing at a quaint coffee shop or taking a stroll along the sandy beaches. Being Namibia's playground, a wide variety of activities are on offer, ranging from dolphin cruises, desert tours and scenic flights to quad biking, paragliding, parachuting and kite surfing.
Sunday : End of Tour
After breakfast we travel back to Windhoek to our hotel or to the international airport for our return flight
Included in Price
- 9x Accommodation as stipulated in the above itinerary.
- Meals 8x Dinner & 8x Breakfast
- Activities as stipulated in the above itinerary.
- Road Transport as specified in the above itinerary.
- Services of an experienced driver/guide. Dual Language (English/German).
- Bottled water for the duration of the journey.
- 24 hour point of contact while on Safari.
Not Included in Price
- Entrance Fee to activity locations - this is to be paid directly.
- Drinks and meals not specified above.
- Gratuities and personal expenses.
- All other activities & excursions mentioned above as optional.
- Among other expenses, the following additional costs not included for rental cars:
- Accidents that occur on a road that is not suitable for the intended manufacture of the vehicle.
- Additional Driver Fee (1 Additional Driver included.)
- Young Driver Surcharge
- Additional Spare Tyre cost
- Child Safety Seat
- Contract Fee
- Cross Border Fee
- Delivery & Collection Fee
- Delivery & Collection Fee-Delivery Fee for Replacement of Damaged Tyres
- Frequent Flyer Miles
- One Way Fee Within Country
- One-Way Cross Border Fee
- Refundable Rental Deposit
- Stamp Duty
- Traffic Fine Handling Fee
- Valet charges when applicable
- All hotels are based on availabilities at the time of booking. If a particular lodge or camp mentioned above is not available, we will book another accommodation of a similar category and standard.
- As a general rule, Namibian Hotels Check-in Time - 14:00 hrs; Check-out Time - 11:00 hrs. Most hotels follow these timings but it may vary. Subject to availability, we can arrange an earlier check in or later check out for a nominal fee.
- This is a cost for a Private Safari. The activities are flexible and can be changed to suit your requirements.
- Prices are only valid for the number of people quoted for and in increase or decrease in numbers will affect the price.
- Don’t forget to carry your identification documents i.e. Passport and International Driving License.
- Due to the Namibian Rand’s sometimes instability against the US dollar, price might fluctuate and are only guaranteed on receipt of a deposit.