Namibia's Magical South TourINQUIRE
|Destination||Accomodation||Number of Nights||Meal Plan||Planned Activities|
|Kalahari Desert||Intu Afrika Zebra Lodge||1||Dinner|
|Fish River Canyon||Canyon Lodge||2||Breakfast; Dinner|
|Orange River||Norotshama River Lodge||1||Breakfast|
|Lüderitz||Lüderitz Nest Hotel||2||Breakfast; Dinner|
|Sossusvlei||Sossusvlei Lodge||2||Breakfast; Dinner|
Day 1 : Kalahari Desert
In the morning you travel into the largest sand mass on Earth, the Kalahari Desert. The bushman refer to it as the "Soul of the World", an emotive description for this area! With its deep red sand dunes and endless grass plains interspersed with acacia's and shrubs, it is the only form of survival for a vast amount of specially adapted wildlife such as oryx, springbok and ostrich. Enjoy the opportunity to experience the fauna and flora that has survived this desert environment for thousands of years on an optional nature drive in the late afternoon.
Day 2 : Fish River Canyon
Leaving the Kalahari dunes behind you, your road takes you via scarce vegetation, isolated hills and endless rocky plains to the Quiver Tree Forest: here you find over 250 of these indigenous aloes in a single area. Proceed further into the vicinity of the Fish River Canyon. It is set in a harsh, rocky plain dotted with drought resistant plants, and undoubtedly counts as one of the rare natural wonders on Earth.
Day 3 : Fish River Canyon
This morning you can visit the Fish River Canyon. With a length of 170 Kilometers and an average depth of 550meters, it represents the second largest canyon on Earth. Enjoy the rest of the afternoon at your lodge at leisure or take part in optional activities offered.
Day 4 : Orange River
In the morning travel south to the Orange River, this forms the natural border to South Africa. Your lodge is situated directly along the calm flowing water, and offers exceptional birding and walking opportunities. More adventurous clients have the option of exploring the river and its beautiful environment on a canoe. As the river does not serve as a habitat for crocodiles or hippos guests also have excellent opportunities to cool off in the Orange River.
Day 5 : Luderitz
After breakfast, travel to the edge of the Namibian escarpment and via the Succulent Karoo to the coastal town of Luderitz. En route you can stop at Garub to try and find some of the unique Namib Dessert Horses that survive in the desert due to their acquired adaptations. Your hotel awards you a magnificent view over the Atlantic Ocean and is the basis for a variety of exciting activities over the next two days.
Day 6 : Luderitz
A full day can be used for excursions in and around Luderitz, where the highlights include a visit to Kolmanskop. Another highlight of the area is Diaz Cross, a commemoration to the first European sailor who sailed past the point in 1488 and erected a cross to mark this important point in history. You can also do a full day excursion into the prohibited Sperrgebiet area to visit the awe-inspiring Bogenfels rock arch. Luderitz also offers marine cruises on a boat or catamaran to experience the islands and Namibia's only penguin colonies.
Day 7 : Sossusvlei
This morning you travel via endless plains and along striking mountain ranges into the Namib Desert, the oldest desert on Earth. Your lodge is situated very close to Sesriem, the gate to two of Namibia's most celebrated attractions: Sossusvlei and Sesriem Canyon.
Day 8 : Sossusvlei
The best time to experience the Sossusvlei area is at sunrise when the light paints the dunes and desert palette into deep red, apricot and purple. From Sossusvlei visit Dead Vlei, a surreal white clay pan surrounded by monumental dunes and dotted with age-old camel thorn trees. Traveling back, visit the Sesriem Canyon.
Day 9 : Return to Windhoek
After a relaxed breakfast, travel up the Namibian plateau and back to Windhoek, where you return your rental vehicle and where your tour ends. Alternatively, travel to Swakopmund to connect with other tour options.
Included in Price
- Self-Drive car during your journey as follows:
- 9 days:
- Group I (Toyota Fortuner 4x4) or Similar
- Pick-up & Drop-Off: Windhoek
- 9 days:
- 24 hours point of contact number
- The following are also included:
- Premium Collision Damage Waiver (CDW)
- Premium Theft Loss Waiver (TLW)
- Personal Accident Insurance (PAI)
- Third Party Liability Insurance
- General Public Liabilit
Not Included in Price
- Entrance Fee to activity locations - this is to be paid directly.
- Drinks and meals not specified above.
- Gratuities and personal expenses.
- All other activities & excursions mentioned above as optional.
- Among other expenses, the following additional costs not included for rental cars:
- Accidents that occur on a road that is not suitable for the intended manufacture of the vehicle.
- Additional Driver Fee (1 Additional Driver included.)
- Young Driver Surcharge
- Additional Spare Tyre cost
- Child Safety Seat
- Contract Fee
- Cross Border Fee
- Delivery & Collection Fee
- Delivery & Collection Fee-Delivery Fee for Replacement of Damaged Tyres
- Frequent Flyer Miles
- One Way Fee Within Country
- One-Way Cross Border Fee
- Refundable Rental Deposit
- Stamp Duty
- Traffic Fine Handling Fee
- Valet charges when applicable
- All hotels are based on availabilities at the time of booking. If a particular lodge or camp mentioned above is not available, we will book another accommodation of a similar category and standard.
- As a general rule, Namibian Hotels Check-in Time - 14:00 hrs; Check-out Time - 11:00 hrs. Most hotels follow these timings but it may vary. Subject to availability, we can arrange an earlier check in or later check out for a nominal fee.
- This is a cost for a Private Safari. The activities are flexible and can be changed to suit your requirements.
- Prices are only valid for the number of people quoted for and in increase or decrease in numbers will affect the price.
- Don’t forget to carry your identification documents i.e. Passport and International Driving License.
- Due to the Namibian Rand’s sometimes instability against the US dollar, price might fluctuate and are only guaranteed on receipt of a deposit.