Afrolink Adventures is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and has taken measures to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of that information. One of the main objectives of our website is to provide you with information on safaris and related travel activities. We support your right to online privacy and subscribe to the following privacy statement.
We are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of sensitive information. We will assume that you have consented to the collection of all information which is provided to us for use in accordance with this Policy, unless you tell us otherwise.
The Guidelines hereunder have been developed in recognition of the ever changing nature of internet technologies and legislation pertaining thereto. Accordingly, these guidelines are subject to change. Any such changes shall be posted to this page.
What kind of information do we gather?
- Personally identifiable information is provided by you when making an enquiry - this includes all of the information on our enquiry forms and all subsequent e-mail and other correspondence between you and us. This personally identifiable information is gathered only with your knowledge, active permission and participation. As used in this Policy, the term "personal information" means information that identifies you personally, either alone or in combination with other information available to us.
- Anonymous clickstream data is gathered from our servers when you visit our sites - this includes IP address details. We may track your visit to our site by giving you a "cookie" on certain pages.
What do we use this information for and with whom do we share it?
- Travel arrangements: Information provided by you during the enquiry, reservation and confirmation process is essentially used to make travel arrangements on your behalf. We share necessary details with third party safari operators contracted in order to arrange and to optimize your experiences on safari.
- Internal contacts data base: Your contact details may be used by our company to update you on information that we believe will be of interest to you personally. This includes information such as “Special Offers” and is sent to you by an employee of the company who is fully authorized to contact you or by newsletter which you can unsubscribe yourself from.
- Testimonials and references: During an entire interaction with Afrolink Adventures; the company seeks to develop meaningful relationships with guests and in cases where we receive feedback from a guest that we believe would be of value to other future prospective guests, we will contact you to seek permission to post this feedback online. We only use quotes in testimonials only once we have obtained permission and the go ahead from the guest. We may provide the contact details of former guests who have indicated willingness on their part to provide future references to prospective guests but on a one-to-one basis with the prospective guest and with the express permission of these referees only.
- Survey and contest information:Personal information is used by us to advise contest winners and to update survey and contest participants on results. In some cases we'll use your contact details to provide you with other updates that we believe will be of interest to you personally. Other than during the process of concluding safari arrangements for winners, none of this information is shared with third parties. Anonymous survey and contest information is used for deriving statistical reports that may be shared with third parties.
- Anonymous clickstream data is used to help us track user trends and patterns on our websites in efforts to improve the experience of visitors to these sites. We also use this anonymous data for compiling statistical reports that we may share with third parties. Some of this information is derived by means of "cookies" (small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer - you may edit your browser options if you wish to block cookies).
What else should you know about your online privacy and us?
- All information gathered via our website is the property of "Afrolink Adventures."
- This information is never sold or willfully distributed to third parties thus preventing personally identifiable information from being used in unauthorized mailings and other solicitations.
- All employees are bound by this privacy statement - this agreement is in place to protect the company, its public officers, employees, guests and suppliers.
- From time to time third parties are contracted for the provision of services to us (e.g. market research) whereby client information is made available to them - this information is protected by appropriate confidentiality agreements and used solely for the purposes of completing specific projects.
- Links - this site contains external links to other websites that may gather personally identifiable information from you and may have privacy policies that differ materially from our own. We recommend that you review these separate privacy statements.
How do you have your personal information updated or deleted?
At present we do not provide any automated means for you to update or delete information that you have supplied to us. Any request for these modifications will be honored by us. In addition to the above, we undertake not to willfully disclose any personal information in our records except to comply with applicable laws or valid legal processes or when we have reason to believe that disclosing the information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against any party who may be causing interference with our rights or properties or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities. Any material changes in the way that we use your personal information will be updated to this page.
Any queries associated with our Privacy Statement should be directed to Afrolink Adventures